How can you help DVASE
We have many goals for the upcoming season, and they can't be achieved by the board members alone. That's why we have asked everyone to provide at least one field where they will support DVASE this year. We're not asking for a large time commitment, just some contribution on the member's part. Every bit of help counts! There are many ways you can help:
- Educating youth about structural engineering: The education effort is being chaired by Tom Langan, P.E. of Schoor DePalma, Philadelphia. He would like to form a committee to create specific goals to promote structural engineering to students as a profession choice. This may include organizing participation in EnWeek 2005.
- Website Committee: The website content cannot evolve without contributions from our members. Unlike Modern Steel or ENR, we do not have a writing staff to generate reading material for our members. This should be a forum to share information. We're asking for just ONE submission from you this entire year to post on the website. You can participate by submitting a brief article profiling your company or a recent project. Write an editorial about your opinion on the IBC Code! There are many topics to choose from. We'll do all the formatting and uploading. We just need the content from YOU.
- Breakfast seminar series: The board has planned topics and locations for the DVASE seminar series. Help in this area may include: making phone calls to the speaker or the venue, meeting a few minutes before the event to ensure everything is in order. We also need someone to write an article after the DVASE event to be posted on the website.
- Local project design competition: This effort is being chaired by Kirk Harman, P.E. of Cagley and Harman Associates, King of Prussia. Kirk is our NCSEA delegate. He would like to form a committee to help organize a DVASE project design competition with winners advancing to the NCSEA design competition in June 2005.
- Community Outreach and Public Relations Committee
- Statewide Structural Engineering Association
- Contract and Professional Liability Committee
Engaging the members in some participation builds a strong future for DVASE. Be sure to check at least one of the above topics on your membership form.